MDT Innovations (MDTi) is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Asia Pacific. Focusing on entire IoT (Internet of Things) value chains ranging from intelligent wireless communications, IoT as a services, turnkey, to analytics solutions, the company is banking heavily on telecommunications and e-payment, smart retail, and crowd movement in education and aviation. MDTi is proud of its standout engineering achievements mainly the development of world smallest NFC module, MD770R, and NFC in SIM card, which shrunk RF front end and antenna into the size of SIM card, thus empowering all mobile phones to become NFC-enabled.
The immense excitements of IoT and Industry 4.0 mega trends has further put MDTi in the spotlights. MDTi’s solutions in crowd movement, work in progress automation, and smart retail solutions are based on its intelligent wireless sensor systems. These solutions are found in Fortune-500 semiconductor firm and retail chains in China, Malaysia, and Australia. With significant amount of smart devices deployed so far, the company envisages its significant involvement in smart city which will ultimately make full use of its existing and future smart devices.
The company has been profitable since inception. MDTi has seen tremendous growth especially in export sales and has grossed more than half a billion of accumulated export sales to date. As of 2015, 97% of total revenues are contributed by export sales, which is an evidence that the company has made successful international presence.
MDTi is a multiple MSC Asia Pacific ICT Award winner in 2006 and 2007 and it is also the winner of Best of the Best, The Prime Minister Award in 2007 and 2013. The company is also Red Herring Asia 100 and Red Herring Global 100 in 2008 awarded by Red Herring Magazine from California, USA acknowledging 100 most innovative and promising technology companies of that year. This recognition put MDTi amongst past winners like Google, Yahoo!, Youtube, Qualcom, and Ebay. In 2011, MDTi adds Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific in 2011 to its list of accolades and it is ranked 12th. It is also Malaysia’s fastest growing company with 3130% from 2008 to 2010.
At MDT Innovations, we exist to help customers to connect to surrounding things, understanding, and making full sense out of its condition with the aim of giving the best business improvements and user experiences. To achieve this, we have created cultures and instilled values to our team in order to fulfill our philosophy of enabling IoT solutions and services that will enable our customers to reach out to “things” that they have always wanted to.
Among the accolades that the company won are:
- MSC APICTA Best of Retail & Supply Chain Management 2017 – Merit
- Asia’s Best Employer Brand Award 2017 (Held in Singapore)
- EBA Asia Best Employer Award 2016
- EBA Malaysia Best Employer Award 2016
- EBA Malaysia Best Employer Award 2015
- WITSA Global ICT Excellence Award 2014
- ASEAN ICT Award Gold Medal 2013
- MSC APICTA 2013 Best of the Best Prime Minister Award
- Winner of International APICTA Award 2013 (Best of Communications) – NFC in SIM card, Empowering all Phones to Become NFC Tag
- Winner of MSC APICTA 2013 (Best of Communications) – NFC in SIM card, Empowering all Phones to Become NFC Tag
- Merit of MSC APICTA 2013 (Best of Applications and Tools) – Intelligent Impact Monitoring System
- Gold Medal ASEAN ICT Award 2013 (Best in Private Sector Category) – NFC in SIM card, Empowering all Phones to Become NFC Tag
- Winner of Spirit of Innovation Award at APELA 2013.
- Asia’s Thought Leader Award 2012
- Winner of MSC APICTA 2012 – Ubiquitous Monitoring of Trolleys
- Industry Excellence Award (Export Excellence of ICT Sector) by MITI 2012
- Winner of Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific Award, 2011 (ranked 12th)
- 2008 Red Herring Global 100 Award
- 2008 Red Herring Asia 100 Award
- Winner of MSC APICTA 2007 – Best of the Best Prime Minister Award
- Winner of MSC APICTA 2007 (Best of R&D) – MD770R, World Smallest NFC Reader Module
- Winner of MSC APICTA 2007 (Best of Communications) – Mobile RFID Communicator System
- Winner of MSC APICTA 2007 (Best of Security) – Hybrid Authentication & Security System